Dr. Rhonda Perciavalle Patrick, phd, is a researcher at Salk Institute for Biological studies. She is the founder of the popular health site www.foundmyfitness.com and she is very enthusiastic about the benefits of regular sauna bathing.
In several articles and videos she has developed on the subject of sauna and exercise and she describes in detail what athletes can gain from combining their exercise with sauna bathing. Below are listed a few of these positive effects:
- The regular exposure to higher temperatures leads to adaptations that help optimize your body during you next workout or ace.
- Regular sauna bathing increases the bodys ability to regulate its own temperature. The body is trained to sweat more efficiently which will lead to a better ability to quickly cool down during exercise.
- The regular exposure to heat leads to an increased transportation of oxygen to muscles and skeleton and a quicker reduction of lactic acids.
- The heat counteracts free radicals and helps the muscles regenerate.
- The heat induces a higher release of growth hormones with leads to muscle growth.
In this video Dr. Patrick describes what happens in the body during sauna bathing and how it can have a very positive effect on endurance and muscle growth.
Installing your own sauna at home is the most convenient way to make it part of your exercise and health routine. The advantages are numerous. Weather you prefer a low temperature, high moisture experience or a more traditional hot and dry sauna, HELO system can accommodate to your needs.
If you are interested in enhancing the results of your exercise and upgrading your home with quality sauna, we will be happy to get in touch to tell you more about the different options at hand.